What a Weekend!

Saturday started with my Mom whisking the kids away at 8:00 am, so I could get showered, dressed, finish cleaning the house, rearranging furniture/toys/stuff, and set up for my Stelie Designs card party open house! [Jer works Saturday's] The weather was beautiful, so much better than the snow storm last year. The turn out was great too and kept us very busy! {Thank goodness I had my friend and former business partner, Julie, to help, I couldn't have done it without her.}

A special thank you to everyone who attended, I truly appreciate your support. [I especially enjoyed getting a chance to catch up with friends and meet new people too.] Of course in my whirlwind to get it all set up and chatting away, I forgot to take pictures until after all was dismantled. To celebrate my sweet husband and I went out for cocktails, alone, just the two of us, at a table, in a restaurant, just us, no kids! We can't remember the last time we've done that without meeting people, or doing home projects.

Today, Sunday, started with me at the doctor at 8:00am for my final blood test/ultrasound with everything looking perfect [yes the nurse said I received a perfect score] and ready to proceed as planned. Proceed for what you ask?

For those of you that don't know, we were blessed with our two miracles with the help of IVF . In early September we started the process for a frozen embryo's transfer (frozen from P&A's cycle) for what will be our final attempt to have another baby. This Friday is the day I will be implanted! While this time I don't have the stimulating hormones, I still had/have the effects of the drugs, migraines, dizziness, neausea, more emotional, the fun stuff. Oh I'm also a marked woman, the nurse drew 2 circles on my backside to remind my sweet husband where he's to give me shots starting tomorrow.

The rest of the day was great too, I took some product shots, had breakfast at IKEA with the fam, played with my babes in the leaves, finished up some orders while watching/listening to Desperate Housewives and Brothers&Sisters, and am now blogging before heading to bed to watch Army Wives on DVR. I guess downloading photos, editing, and listing new items will have to wait until tomorrow after the zoo.

How was your weekend?

Comments

(wife.) said…
WOW!! Best of luck with the transfer... I had a good friend go through it and know how uncomfortable and icky it can be. I'll be thinking of you!!!

My weekend was spent with lots of Kleenex and cough drops. But I'm finally starting to feel better!

xo
Anonymous said…
I spent most of Saturday on my hands and knees, planting bushes and monkey grass in our yard. The finished product looks great -- but man, am I sore!

Good luck about the implant -- that's exciting!
Just Me said…
Oh good luck this Friday! Here's to wishing you another set of twins!! Hee hee! Glad you had fun at your card party, too!! We're enjoying 70 degree weather today...we might set a record!!!
five dot design said…
FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU! how exciting!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner