Organizing!

I'm always looking for tips on how to get everything done. I ran across this the other day and was excited to try it out. Tonight during bathtime, after both were washed up, I started cleaning while they played.

Since my cleaning products are all natural, it's fine to clean and be in our small 1947 bathroom with all 3 of us. [My husband used to do all the cleaning when I wasn't near. Once I moved from corporate life to home life, I took on more of the cleaning and changed all to chemical free. Not only are they better for the environment and our health in general, but certain smells give me headaches/migraines and cleaning products had the worst effect, now I don't have to worry.] I must say it felt great to let them play and get cleaning done at the same time.

I typically fit in cleaning, laundry, dishes, while they are playing nicely nearby, but for some reason I hadn't thought about what to do while they are in the bath. How simple and so wonderful I had to share.

Comments

five dot design said…
hey are you using homemade cleaning products or store bought? i'm going to make the switch as each product is used up.
stelie + co. said…
I use good old vinegar & water for almost everything, but I did buy Seventh Generation tub/tile & toilet cleaner.

I'm also using vinegar and salt to wash colors & since I haven't found washing soda in a store (I keep forgetting to order online) I use actual detergent for whites.

We got rid of most of the bad cleaners, although, my husband kept some to use in our basement bathroom.

I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to clean with pure products & saving money never hurt either.
five dot design said…
oh i can't wait to make the switch- so then the nugget can help out when she's older!

like i told you before, i've been making my own detergent (i found my washing soda at the grocery next to all the stain removal products) and i absolutely love it. frustrated? angry? need to vent? go grate some soap! i still use dreft for the nugget. right now we're using 7th gen. for dishwashing soap and i tried homemade dishwashing detergent- yeah... don't. it sucks and leaves film that vinegar can't get rid of! let me know if you find any new "recipes"!

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner