Power? Who needs Power?

I DO!! Not just for air conditioning to keep us cool during these hot and humid 90 degree days, but to work! How do I print, design, create, etc.? I should be thankful for a day off, but with a lot on my plate, I'm stressing more than appreciating.

Wednesday morning the kids and I packed up, ran errands [some for work, some for kids new shoes] headed to my parents lake house, loaded 3 adults, 3 kids, and 1 teen into my dad's tahoe, and started our journey to Sioux Falls, SD [my hometown] for swimming. Grandma & Papa's other home [as the kids call it] is on the market so they must make sure the yard, pool, and inside are still looking good every week. Of course, we brought the laptop but forgot the internet disc, and now everyone has their wireless locked so that wasn't possible either. [meaning no work for me, which quickened my pulse instead of relief.]

The swimming was wonderful, pool was 86 degrees, the weather was hot and humid, Paxton & Avery started swimming by themselves [with life jackets on] I have video I'll post later. There was a showing Thursday morning so we went to visit my paternal grandma or Great Max, as the kids call her, we surprised her with 4 of her great-grandkids! Then more swimming, packed up everyone and headed back to the lake house.

On the way, my sweet husband informed me of the severe storms running thru the twin cities, they closed his work, he drove home quickly to shut all the windows he left open, thankfully he did. We had water running in one of our basement windows that he vacuumed up! Thanks hunknee for saving my office! During the night we had more storms that knocked out power. Again my fabulous husband had to take care of the situation, putting our refrigerator stuff in coolers. [power out for over 20,000 homes, to be restored by 3:00pm tomorrow, TOMORROW!]

Needless to say, the kids and I are still at the lake house, we were to return home at naptime until Saturday so I could work. Now I'll be going home by myself to repack for the weekend. My brother and sister-in-law are flying in late tonight for a week.

[To all my brides, don't worry, this will not delay any wedding completion dates!]

++[update: our power is on, I was able to run home around 2pm and print a project, now I can do the rest here at the lake house]++

Comments

(wife.) said…
I'm not worried about the completion date, just about you guys and your house!! :-( I'm so sorry about the water... good thing your hubby was there to save your office. Let it be a sign that you're allowed a day (or more) to relax. We'll all understand. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner