been a while

Oh boy it's been long since I posted.  While I wish I could say it was because I was on vacation or beyond busy.  It's because for 2.5 weeks I wasn't feeling well.  I knew it was my ulcer bothering me (along with other things) but I haven't had it this bad since I was first diagnosed in my early 20s.

I couldn't eat anything other than gluten free oatmeal applesauce muffins, for anyone who eats grain free or limits carbs, it can really wreak havoc on your stomach by that being the only thing that doesn't cause ulcer pain.  Nevertheless, after the chiropractor, internal med doctor, round of blood tests, I was able to eat some bland chicken & rice, and only eat while standing.  I was finally able to get into see the gasteroenterologist. (after crying to the poor woman scheduling appointments, then calling a couple days later to squeeze into a cancellation.)  I am on the mend from what we think was a virus that triggered the ulcer / gastritis.

I celebrated my 41st bday during that time, I was able to eat a small piece of chocolate grain free, dairy free, egg free cake that my mom made me.  To make up for it, my mom made me the same cake this past Friday!  More enjoyable now for sure.

I can't believe October is almost half over!  I feel I missed a lot and ready to make up those days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner