infertility & mothers day

As Mother's Day is fast approaching, I am quickly reminded of the time when the thought of Mother's Day was difficult, sad, and left me wondering if I'd ever be a mom to a human child.

Infertility is hard, lonely, private, sad, frustrating, monthly grieving, exhausting, challenging, depressing, and so much more.

If you have friends, family or know someone suffering from infertility and don't know what to say or do, a simple hug speaks volumes or even a "thinking of you" is all that needs to be said.

A few quick things NOT to say...

"You're lucky you get to sleep all night"
that person is praying they get a baby to keep them up all night.

"Just relax, then you'll get pregnant"
infertility isn't that easy. if it was there wouldn't be fertility clinics...

"Just adopt"
sometimes fertility treatments are less expensive and the person needs to grieve the loss of the possibility of not having biological children and grieve of their body failing them. 


I am a relatively happy positive person and it was one of two dark periods I've experienced in my life so far.  Even though, I now have children, the memories and feelings are always there, with that said, I am thankful for the experience, I learned I could do hard things like give myself daily shots, lots of blood withdrawls (did I mention I hate needles) and it taught me to be a better parent.  I cherish my blessings even more.

For more information visit resolve.

*For those who have lost mothers and children (I cannot begin to imagine how this feels) and salute you for continuing on each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner