Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day here in the US.  It's a holiday to commemorate US men & women lost while fighting for our country.   While I honor & thank those who've lost their lives serving our country,  I also reflect on remembering my family members who've passed.

My maternal grandpa was a glider pilot in WWII who thankfully returned home and led a long life.  He passed away 10 years ago on Veteran's Day (very fitting) 
A couple weekends ago we celebrated my beloved maternal grandma who passed away from brain cancer at the age of 91.
She lived a long full, happy life.  She was a wonderful grandma to me and an even better great grandma to my kids and nephews.  She will forever be missed but her creative spirit lives on in my kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner