House Work

REPOST :: {found this fitting since we are moving out of this house}
originally posted 11.20.2007

3 years ago, we bought a new home circa 1947. We bought it from the original owners, and it was in desperate need of updating. Among other things, we had major plans for a kitchen renovation, then we found out we were pregnant with twins, then I went to part-time, then I quit my day job, and now...there's Stelie Designs. Meaning...completely gutting our kitchen keeps getting postponed.

In the last 3 years we have removed the desk area, chair rail, vinyl cove base, added wood trim, painted the cabinets & hardware twice, replaced the appliances and lighting, added a doorway to the family room, removed walls between the kitchen and playroom (maybe someday it will return to a dining room again.) But we had never touched the ugly, dingy, vinyl floor. My goal is to put in hardwood floors like the rest of the house once we rearrange the kitchen, add an island, remove and expand windows, etc.

Now that I spend most of my time at home and lots more time in the kitchen, I had it with the floor. We took the band aid approach, and added the self adhesive 12x12 vinyl tiles. It only needs to last a few more years. Thankfully with my parents and husband's help, we completed it this past Saturday.

Here are some before and after pics. {to see them click here}


The before pic is of our walk-thru prior to closing. For the bottom pic, I'm standing in the playroom. It's been so long I forget how much the entire inside and outside has changed in 3 short years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner