Preschool

Above are my sweet kids on their first real day of preschool. The day I dropped them off at their classroom, left them, ran errands, then returned to pick them up 2.5 hours later. Look how happy they are, so excited to finally go to preschool like we've discussed for so long.
The morning went like this...we greeted the teacher, walked into the room, I discussed their red dye allergy with the teacher with they washed their hands, Paxton and Avery sat at this table

playing with the animals. Shortly after Paxton asked Avery if she wanted to go play cars, she did, I asked them to put the animals back in the bin and give me a hug bye. They did and I left without a protest. I was shocked, thrilled, and a little sad they are big kids now.

The next day went like this, Paxton not wanting to go to preschool, we greet teacher, wash hands, Paxton kept saying he wanted to come with me, we wrote on chalkboards, Paxton declined because he wanted to come home with me, I said it was time to go, tears and protests from Paxton started, I took him to the bathroom to calm down.

No calming down happening, we went back to classroom, Avery was off playing, Paxton was crying harder wanting to come with me. I left him crying with teacher, tears were flowing as I walked down the hallway, listening to my little boy cry begging for a hug. I was so close to escaping when the crying and screaming for one more hug got louder, he'd escaped I thought.

I turned around, the teacher was holding him, asking if I could come back and give him one more hug. How could I say no, this will only make it worse, when 5 other classroom teachers and some parents were now watching. I headed back, eyes full of tears, gave him a hug told him I'd pick him up soon, to only have the teacher help me pry his arms off my neck as I told her this only makes it worse. I then turned and left with the floodgates now flowing down my face as he cried "Mommy, I need a kiss!" and I trying not to make eye contact with anyone. The director said she'd call me and let me know how it was going and that a lot of times the 2nd day is harder.

Let's hope it gets better, 6 months they were in daycare after our nanny went to grad school, there was only a handful of times he didn't cry at dropoff. Say a little prayer or wish us well tomorrow. This hormonal, sleep deprived mama, doesn't know if she can handle it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner