Prep work

This wall is in the hall between P&A's room and the nursery with a bathroom in the middle. Our home is all hardword floors with lots of hard surfaces and little to absorb sound. Since the kids' rooms will be close I wanted more soft surfaces to better absorb sound...or should I say crying in the middle of the night. We already have soft fuzzy rugs on the hall floor, so I removed the framed art and made these fabric panels.

I gave my husband the dimensions I wanted, he built me 3 wood frames, I wrapped batting and fabric around them stapled to the back and whola instant art that also helps absorb sound.

I love projects that are cheap, easy and serve a purpose.

Comments

valerie said…
cute!! i love these!! i've been wanting to something like this for our dining room...since we live in military housing and move so much painting is kind of pointless- but these would be a very pretty way to take up some space on those blank walls!! thanks for the idea! :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner