To Reality or not to Reality?

That is the question. I am a sucker for reality tv. I love to watch Jon & Kate plus 8, Tori & Dean (when we have the channel) the Bachelor (not total reality) etc. I was reading in my twins magazine email about a new reality show for families with higher order multiples or multiple multiples which were looking for submissions. Hmm...I thought this could be good...the titles were swimming thru my mind...Steph & Jer plus 4, life with 2 sets of twins, 4 kids and done, 2+2=4, or quads born 4 years apart...I mean who wouldn't want to see my adorable Mr. P & Miss A adjusting to life with new twin siblings? (A few days later my husband did say I can submit if I wanted too.)

Would you tune in to watch this?

+Spending the morning at the Mall of America with friends, having a wonderful time playing in Legoland, running thru Underwater Adventure, riding on the $1 rides in Nickelodean Universe, my children being very well behaved the entire time, only to realize it's getting late, so decide to have a quick lunch, then heading out to the parking lot as I am wincing in pain from my lovely pregnancy shin splints because I've walked too much and pushed too heavy of a stroller. The kids get in the car, I unload the stroller and as I'm putting it in the back, I hear screaming
Mr. P "MY FINGER'S STUCK!!!"
Me "In what?"
Mr. P " THE SEATBELT!!"
I waddle to the passenger side of our minivan, yep it's stuck in the seatbelt buckle opening, I can't get it out either. I quickly move to the front passenger seat as I twist my ankle trying to get out carmex. I grabbed the carmex (it happens to be the round jar not the tube) as I'm opening it up, I drop it and of course can't see where it went. I look around the van, and have Avery get out and look under the van because at this large stage it's hard to bend down, she can't find it either. I go back to my purse pull out the lip gloss, rub it on his finger, hooray it's free! Only to hear more screaming from Mr. P "Get it off, Get it off!!!" Apparently, he is just as upset about having lip gloss on his finger as he was having it stuck. I wipe it off with a tissue, buckle him in, close the door, limp to the other side, get Avery buckled, then Mr. P is crying that he needs a hug. I continue limping in pain back to the passenger side, give Mr. P a hug, only to hear him crying again "Mommy you scratched me!" (it was really the keys I was holding in my hand) I tell him I'm sorry, give him another kiss and hobble back to the drivers door, trying not to cry myself, get in, and drive home with Paxton in tears for the next 7 minutes.

+ Avery, Paxton and I snuggling on the couch while they kiss & rub my tummy and sing to the babies. Sometimes fighting over who gets to feel baby E or baby A move, meaning I start counting so they know when it's the others turn.

+ While working in the office, (I have a pile of scrap paper & miss printed envelopes) A&P cut paper, write their letters or draw something, then put their creation in an envelope, tape it closed. Then cheerfully declare I have mail, I am so thankful (it's not a bill) I get to open up their lovely creation and get lots of hugs and kisses. One of my favorite parts of working from home.

+ Paxton and Avery lovingly telling me I'm getting as big as a whale. Gee thanks!

+ Our family trips the MN Zoo where I can no longer go alone with the kids, it's too far and exhausting now.

There are thousands more funny, sad, trying, wonderful, difficult, happy times that I would love to remember. However, with the recent developments/scrutiny regarding Jon&Kate. Their new life has taken them in different directions, gossip mags are all over them, their family and strangers want to make money off of them. Even though, their 8 kids have experienced opportunities they wouldn't have been able to without the show and financially 8 colleges will be paid for, and I love to think I've got it easy after watching an episode, I've decided not to submit.

Money and fame change people and usually not for the better. While I would love a free tummy tuck someday and free trips to experience things we may not now with 4 kids. I'm just not willing to take the risk. I'd rather live my current life in a happy marriage and family.

Now I'll just document more family reality experiences on my blog instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner