Technology

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I love it's efficiency but hate when it freezes, stalls, breaks. I have never felt the need to get the latest tech gadget. I don't own an ipod, mp3 player, flatscreen tv, blue ray, etc.

I love having a cell phone, I've had one for as long as I can remember, my phone was strickly for talking. Talking A LOT to friends, family, & clients, prior to having kids and being a work at home mom. I hated when people would text me (since I didn't believe in texting and it wasn't part of my service plan) all I could think about was "I have to pay for this!"

Last week, I finally broke down and bought the blackberry curve along with the upgraded service plan. I realized I needed the web capability in my hands to make my limited work time more efficient. As my stomach grows larger, the times of quickly running downstairs to my computer to check email are slipping away. Nothing is quick now.

During their time, P&A get upset when I am at my computer instead of near them. Now it's at my fingertips and they are happy. I sit in their room during quiet time to ensure they are quiet and usually one or both falls asleep. I used the time catching up on magazines, sketching new designs, folding laundry, folding cards, or lately resting myself. Now I can check my email and once they are sleeping, I can waddle down to my office and actually design and print. I feel like I get so much accomplished in that 1 - 1.5 hours.

I'm still not getting a big screen though!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's cool isn't it? Before Wally went to Va, I would go daays without going on our home computer since I get all my email to my Blackberry. I am a texter. Wally and I communicate all day long but it also is a great way to stay in touch with friends now that I'm working.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner