A day at the Park

Friday was my first full day with all 4 kids by myself. I needed to make a paper store run and since it was a gorgeously sunny day, we stopped at the big park close to the paper store on our way home.

Our new life outside the home is done between feedings. I figured we had 1.5 hours to accomplish all. After showing off our newest set of twins to all at the paper store (which is sadly closing their Burnsville store due to the economy.) we unloaded everyone and our lunch at the park. Of course it was quite busy with 2 different school/summer program groups. After dousing my big kids in sunscreen they were set free to play, while the littlest kids and I had to stay put near the entrance, the park isn't stroller friendly with so many levels and a sand ground.



Just our luck within 5 minutes, Easton needed to be changed. While finishing him up, Adler started crying (her cry is loud and louder) a concerned woman went to the stroller.

Me: "oh she's getting hungry. "
The woman: looking from the stroller to me & Easton "you have twins?" and started to rock the stroller.
Me: "Yes" thinking step away from the stroller.
After a bit more casual dialect, Adler was still crying and wouldn't take her nuk.
The woman: "Are you here with someone!?"
Me: "Yeah, my kids!" As I called them so we could go have a picnic.
The woman: "Oh!"
I admit this sleep deprived and in great need of a caffeine drip mama was annoyed and a bit offended. I know she was just trying to be helpful.

After feeding all 4 kids at the picnic area the kids continued to play. We finally had to leave once Paxton wouldn't use the porta potty and couldn't hold it anymore.

Of course this was also the day my littlest ones decided they needed to feed every 1 - 1.5 hours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner