So Close...

to making it all summer illness free! I jinxed myself last week by thinking how great it was that we went the summer without being sick...of course it was true until this past Wednesday. Mr. P wasn't himself most of the week, but when we were at the playground with friends and he wanted me to sit by him instead of playing, I knew something was off. Thursday he woke with a fever and complaining periodically about his tummy hurting, Friday he woke up fine, Miss A woke with a fever, again more movie and snuggle time. A was better by afternoon, P's fever was back at bedtime. Saturday both woke fever free but P was not himself, crying a lot, clingy. As the morning progressed he went downhill fast, fever, crying about his tummy, then grunting with pain. Of course it peaked at 1:00 so our dr. office was closed. P&I said a quick goodbye to Daddy & A and headed to urgent care, after 1.5 hours the dr. saw us and sent us to Children's Hospital ER (where I thought I should've gone all along.)

The wonderful kid friendly dr.'s thought he was displaying signs of appendicitis or ruptured appendix. (I freaked out, got grandma to watch A so Daddy could come be with us) They quickly took blood and hooked him up to an IV, thank goodness for Noggin tv for distraction, then onto x-rays. I swear after xrays my sick little boy turned back into himself, chatting, breathing normal, saying his tummy didn't hurt anymore. Thankfully the tests came back negative to their original thoughts. I guess a large dose of IV fluids and more tylenol did the trick for this interesting virus. We were home by 6:45 and he didn't stop talking until he fell asleep about an hour later.

A was at grandma & papa's so it was very odd with just one child, very calm, quiet, and as my sweet husband puts it boring. We've never had just one child, the dynamics are so different when each is by themselves. (A insisted on coming home instead of sleeping at the lake house without P.)

The power of twins is so unique and amazing, last night while waiting for A to arrive, I heard P calling for A to come home in the monitor, I thought he was going to start crying so I went up to check on him, I looked out the dining room window to see Grandma carrying A into the house and not another word from P. He stayed asleep the entire time! Somehow he knew she was home.

All is good today so I better get back to work!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad Paxton is feeling better! How scary for you.

Yes the power of twins is amazing. The girls haven't slept apart since since they were 6 months and Ella had surgery. We spend our individual time with them but when they come back they all hug immediately and say they've missed each other. Makes my heart full.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner