Getting Older

As I'm about to embark on my 41st birthday, I've been thinking a lot about "bucket lists" and how I don't have one and I've never had one.  
bucket list is defined as:
a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime or before one dies.

In my 20's, I had plans for my 30's, I wanted a career I loved, to marry the love of my life and to have kids. Done, Done and overly DONE. 

I've traveled a LOT in my life, I've had lots of experiences and personal achievements in 4 decades, some fabulous, some less than fabulous and some down right not good, but they all bring me to who I am today.

While driving in the car alone one morning, I thought what would I add to a bucket list, I couldn't think of anything, I feel so happy and blessed, I have amazing family and friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, what more would I need?

Later that night, I found this quote on pinterest.
 
It sums up how I am feeling perfectly, that I don't need a bucket list, I already have everything I could ever need and more.  Sure I have goals (like growing my business & getting the kids out the door on time) and I have wants (new clothes, new couch, painting all our trim, a day without crying or pouting) but those are all different from a bucket list.   For me all is good and I'm looking forward to filling up my long future experiences with my family and friends.
 
What about you, do you have a bucket list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner