Black Friday

I never venture out to shop on black Friday, in college I used to work it while in retail, then prior to kids, I worked to save vacation time for Christmas. Well, yesterday I decided I would brave the crowds because I saw Leapster's for $20 less than normal or a $40 savings for two.

Hmm..is $40 worth it, how many cards would I need to sell for $40? Okay it was decided to be worth it. I even went to the place I never shop, Wal-Mart. I'm a Target girl all the way, always have been always will be. Maybe working 7 years for Target/Marshall Field's Store Planning & Design solidified the fact but I digress.

Kids are usually up at 5:00 so I planned on getting up at 4:30, but after waking at 1, 3, and 4 I finally just got up, got ready and waited with my mom (who did the same thing.) We waited for the kids to wake, P was up shortly before 5 and I ended up waking A up at 5:20, we were off by 5:30. Arrived at Wal-Mart before 6 only to find all were sold out, we quickly turned around and left. I was thankful I didn't have to wait in those enormous lines and thinking I should've stayed in bed.

Kohl's had them for $10 more, we headed there, I got the last 2 so I saved $20 instead. We were home at 7:30 and I was reminded why I don't venture out on black Friday. Live and learn.

What is your black Friday experience?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wally & I arrived at Wal-Mart at 4:45 am and then Target at 6:00am and got the few things we wanted. We met my sister and MAtt at Perkins at 8:00 and then had breakfast. The lines were long at Wal-Mart and it was frustrating moving around but everyone was pretty nice. Target people are so much more helpful than Wal-Mart. We only need to buy three thnigs and we're done Christmas shopping.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Carnival Time!

winner winner chicken dinner